Monday, June 15, 2009

Baseball

The regular baseball season ended a couple of days ago. I got to play first base, center field, and pitcher. One game I threw a one hitter with eight strikeouts. I also hit an inside the park home run and my first ever over the fence home run while the bases were loaded which makes it a grand slam :D! My dad had just bought me a new bat for my birthday that he had researched a lot on. At my next game I said a little prayer that the Lord would give me the strength to get a good hit or get on base and He did! On the very first pitch, I hit it over the center field fence. At the end of the season they had a mini tournament (the reason I say “mini” is because there where only three teams). We got into the championship and won it by the slaughter rule. The next day the coach called me and said that I had made not one but two all star teams! I made a 10-11 year old team that start playing the 26th of this month and, an 11-12 year old team that play sometime in August. I am so excited because I get to play more baseball.

--Philip

No comments:

Post a Comment