Saturday, May 16, 2009

Duckie Cuteness

The 10 duckies are 4 weeks old now and learning to Quack. There’s a lot of catching up to do so bear with me. Within the first week we knew just a plain old cardboard box with woodshavings was no where near capable of absorbing all the water flung around by those little balls of fluff. We needed a better brooder. So after 3 or 4 tries we landed on a cardboard box with a screen for a bottom so the water just drained right out. Once they were a week old we let them swim in the bathtub

( just pretend that little mess on the tub isn't even there ;)


as you can tell they hated every minute of it =) After two weeks they outgrew their fancy setup and made the move outside.( about time they were incredibly stinky and messy ) Now they have the entire back half of the manor. They got acquainted with the chicks through the wire and go outside to range almost everyday together now. Eating lots of grass cuts down on the feed bill right? It’s free money and they do all the work =) Their favorite treats are bananas and peas ( who woulda thought ) and will follow us around the yard looking for them. Today we got them a spacious new kiddie pool to paddle around in. Talk about cheap entertainment ;)

They love it, although they haven’t quite mastered the ramp and kind of fall out when they’ve had enough =/ Well that was the summary of the first four weeks of duckling life hopefully with many years ahead. Hope it wasn’t boring, although how could it be with such cute videos and pictures =)

God bless

---Anna





4 comments:

  1. Aw, they're so cute. I just posted some pictures that I took with my new camera. :D Anyway, I'll talk to you later, oh, and just so you know, the post wasn't boring, I really enjoyed it.

    God bless
    Love,
    Hannah

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Anna,

    Thanks for the comment. I'm going to keep my old camera for now because I am just so attached to it. :p Hehe! Gabriel is going to take it to camp though. Anyway, Mom, Holly and I are getting ready to go to Wal-Mart for some new clothes. I need some new basketball shorts. :) I'll talk to you later.

    God bless
    Love,
    Hannah

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Anna,

    I just posted some new pictures that I took during vacation. :D Now I'm just sitting around watching Finding Nemo with Holly (haven't seen that in a long time). Hope you enjoy UP.

    God bless
    Love,
    Hannah

    ReplyDelete