Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Recap

I am sorry I haven’t been able to write on the blog lately because we have been really busy, I am going to try tell what has been going on this past week or two. Today is Tuesday March the 24th last Monday not yesterday the Monday before that, we went to a surprise birthday for the Longs. We have known the Longs for a long time. They have four kids. Two boys, one I played baseball with the other Thomas played with. And also two girls. They live across from Prestley farm and rent out a different dairy farm that is close to their house. They are very busy and have to milk the cows at 4 in the morning and 4 in the afternoon. They showed us around their farm, here are some pictures taken by Anna.

A calf.


This is where they milk them.

Another shot.

Here is the huge hay loft that we played in.

It is cool how you can see the water droplets on the lens.

We started building the chicken coop the Friday before this past one. It had been raining for a couple of days so we had to start building it in the shed because it was all muddy outside. Then we worked on it Saturday and Sunday. And in the week we have been doing lots of school. And then Thursday we went skating and after that we went to this herb farm that people from our church own, so we volunteer there. Then Thomas had home school baseball practice because he is not little enough for little league anymore. Then Friday we worked on the coop some more and I had baseball practice. The sad thing is now that we moved to Beaverdam I can not play for Mechanicsville instead I am going to play for Ashland. They are a much smaller group there are only three teams instead of like fifteen or more. And Mechanicsville also had the nicest fields. But I am kind of excited to make new friends because back at Mechanicsville I used to know almost everybody because this year will be my eighth year playing baseball, so here at Ashland I am like the new kid. Saturday I also had practice and we worked on the coop some more now it is almost done. Monday we went to a place called Eden Farm to buy berry bushes and also to look at ducklings. Yes even though we have chickens already we want to get ducks. So we looked at ducks but we did not get any because they were straight run (which means they didn’t know if they were male or female). But we got a lot of berry bushes. We got Blueberry, Blackberry, Raspberry, Cherry, (yes there is such a thing as a cherry bush) and a grape vine. I think we are just going to order ducks from a hatchery. So today is Tuesday the twenty fourth of March and today is Anna’s birthday, and I think we are going to get the coop done today.

--Philip


4 comments:

  1. I know I read this entry before, but I didn't have time to comment. :D Mom, Holly and I are hanging out at the Library. Gabriel is getting ready for his play at the high school and it was too far to go home before his play starts. Anyway, I did get a blog entry written. :) We have about three minutes until time to leave. Cool pictures by the way, I love climbing on top of hay (That sounded funny). :D I'll talk to you all later.

    God bless
    Love,
    Hannah

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Everyone!

    Looks like you had a lot of fun! Daddy took me driving by Prestley Farm a couple of weeks ago and they had lots of newborn calves there.

    We're buying lots of berry things too! We bought 50+ strawberry plants, are getting around 8-12 fruit trees, and need around 25 more raspberry bushes (after out 10-15 already planted!). Thankfully the Lord held off the rain Wednesday so we could get things planted! :)

    See you Sunday,
    Kimber

    ReplyDelete
  3. Are there going to be any berries ready by Memorial Day weekend? How about some eggs? Too early for either, I think. Maybe we should aim instead to see a beaver and go for a zip on the line. Today Lily went for a walk with another dog, the 2nd dog she has ever walked with (besides her cousin Lily). She barked and growled at Georgie the yellow lab from dog class for a bit, then they were fine. we need to practice for meeting Neo.

    ReplyDelete
  4. you may need a stronger zipline than 260 lbs

    how is baseball going for thomas and you?

    did you get any ducks yet? when is duck season?

    ReplyDelete