Monday, February 23, 2009

New house


We just moved to our new house in Beaverdam, Virginia in December 2008. It has fifteen acres of mostly woods and we just cleared 1.5 acres. A creek runs through it and into a pond that is on the edge of our property. One of our neighbors across the street has chickens and ducks who free range in their yard. Another neighbor to our right has chickens and sheep. Sometimes the sheep escape and wander into our yard. Did you know sheep can run? The sheep wandered into our front yard one day and my mom walked out to get a better look at them. She must have spooked them because they took off, I mean they were flying. I seriously didn't know that sheep could run that fast. In our last house it was my job to get the mail every day which was not that hard you just walk down the driveway and the mailbox was right there. Now it is .5 miles away :( But it is really not bad; it's a nice pleasant walk or bike ride. ---Philip

1 comment:

  1. I like your blog. I really like the video with the chics. it was cute when one of them pecked on the lens. the puppy was cute too.***

    annie

    ReplyDelete