Friday, July 17, 2009

wisdom teeth

Yes, it had to happen at some point, the final four teeth have been extricated from my mouth, and placed who knows where(they didn't give them to me).
In the lobby I studied physics, since I'm still behind from moving, for maybe ten minutes, that wasn't too bad. Then they took me into my room and I got to sit in the operating chair for another ten minutes, this time without my physics book so I was "forced," to watch Regis Philbin on the 30" HD TV conveniently mounted on the wall in front of me (insurance dollars at work). All the while listening to that little machine beep every two seconds to signify that my heart was in fact beating.
Then they finally came in gave me a bib, set up all the tools I assume they used, and gave me a shot, my last thought was,"Wow I'm not out yet..."and that's the last I remember. I woke up in a black recliner I had never seen before, and somehow walked to the car under my own power. A couple power naps later, and I was pretty much normal except for the ice pack wrapped around my face, and my inability to eat popcorn. Now two days later I'm here still with an ice wrapped around my face, still unable to eat popcorn, and hoping I haven't bored anyone to death with this post.

So I made you read all of that to say, my wisdom teeth are out, and I am fine. :-)
Thomas

7 comments:

  1. I'm glad you are fine! Gabriel is getting his out next month and Hannah will probably get hers out soon too. What doctor did you go to?

    ReplyDelete
  2. EEEWWW!!!!!!!! Nobody wants to know about that. I'm just kidding, that was like the most totally interesting blog entry I have ever read............actually that was a joke too. Well, I guess it's obvious that I was at camp all week last week and I still haven't caught up on all of my sleep. Anyway, Gabriel and I don't work on Thursday so we will probably be there (unless plans change), and Gabriel's friend and my friend will be there too.

    I need to go eat lunch and head to work.

    God bless
    Hannah

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad to hear you're feeling good! And no...you didn't bore me with that post! :)
    Kimber

    ReplyDelete
  4. who needs popcorn when you can have ice cream? A. Linda

    ReplyDelete
  5. Reminds me of what happened to me when I had dental surgery. Had to cut a hole out of the roof of my mouth to extract the tooth. The bad part was going home afterward.

    -Courtney-

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gabriel just had his out on Wednesday. He's impatient with the healing process but doing pretty good.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice, I finally get to eat popcorn this week, which is a beg deal since we have it almost everyday.

    ReplyDelete